|Material:||Leather, Others, Rubber Sole, Suede, Woven|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Purple, Red|
|SKUs:||656503002, 656503025, 656503031, 656503402, 656503720, AR0726006, AR0726300, AT0056002, AV7007001, AV7008001|
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Air Jordan Futures have trendy uppers that hide a sock-like fit. The shoes naturally conform to the feet to accommodate them perfectly. The asymmetrical lace closure system gives improved foot lockdown. This unique lacing system starts from the top of the tongues and slashes diagonally down to the medial area of the shoes.
The Air Jordan Future is available in men’s and women’s sizing.
Want a colorway that’s designed for the opposite gender? No problem. To convert to men’s sizing from the women’s, take off a size and a half from your standard shoe measurement. Men are recommended to add the same (1 ½) to their usual shoe size when buying the women’s version.
For a trendy and versatile footwear, you need not look farther than the Air Jordan Future. Wear them on a walk during a hot summer day or put them on at night to a rocking event.
- Pair your Air Jordan Future in black, white colorway and red (Black/White/GymRed) with a jogger, a shirt, and a hoodie on top for a sporty look.
- Match the Air Jordan Future in a red colorway or black shade (Black/Dark Concord/White) or the Air Jordan Future ‘Bred’ with rolled up slim jeans and a checkered button-up shirt for a casual Friday style. The purple Jumpman logo should add a nice burst of color to the black and white.
- A grey hoodie, black tights, and the Air Jordan Future sneakers in red (Bordeaux/Bordeaux/Phantom) would be perfect for workout day.
- Ripped blue jeans, a green shirt, a black cotton jacket, and the Air Jordan Future in the women’s olive colorway (Olive Canvas/Olive Canvas/Phantom) would be an interesting getup for a day out with friends.
Air Jordan Future sneakers contain a Phylon cushioning that gives the footwear a comfortable-right-out-of-the-box feel. Aside from the uncompromising comfort, the sneakers are unique in a very fashion-forward way.
The Jordan XI midsoles, glowing outsoles along with the 3M reflective accents of some versions, and woven/textured uppers ensure that these sneakers will stand out wherever you take them.
The story of the Air Jordan Future is directly tied to that famous silhouette that started a whole new and vast line of basketball shoes — the Air Jordan. It’s a story that began decades ago, in 1985.
The Air Jordan
Michael Jordan was a 1982 NCAA champion and hadn’t yet proven himself in the professional arena when Nike signed him up in 1984. It was a gamble that would pay off later in spades. The young Jordan would, later on, win gold at the summer Olympics of 1984 and go down in history as one of the best basketball players ever.
But back to 1984. While Adidas was in flux,—Adi Dassler was dead, his wife Kathe was ill, and succession was in question with five children in the business—Converse was offering for Michael Jordan. Except they hadn’t done anything new in the last few months and Michael was all for innovation. Enter Nike which needed a new star in their stable to revive flagging sales. The brand set up a meeting with Michael and they were willing to tailor their footwear to Michael’s specification, something that wasn’t done before.
After signing up Jordan, they came up with the Air Jordan name. On October 15, they launched these new black and red shoes. And as the commercial for the kicks intoned,” on October 18th, the NBA threw them out of the game” for not conforming to the game’s uniform color scheme. Jordan defied the ruling and was faced with a $5,000/game fine which Nike happily paid. This was marketing genius as it only served to hype up the shoes and make people want them more.
While the defiant act of wearing forbidden shoes certainly sparked his young fans’ interest, it was mostly young Mike’s 28.2 game point average that sold these kicks. Everyone wanted to “Be like Mike.” The Air Jordan were sold nationwide the next year, starting March. Just two months later, the brand had sold $70 million worth of them, kicking off a profitable line that would continue to bring in billions worth of sales to the company even decades after.
Air Jordan Future Shoes
The Air Jordan Future was launched on March 1, 2014, as a model that would bridge the gap between lifestyle and performance. They were the first basketball sneakers to utilize one-piece woven uppers and had midsoles that were instantly recognizable as from the Air Jordan XI. The woven uppers, meanwhile, gave off a definite HTM vibe through their off-center lacing system.
The shoes were minimalist in approach yet little accents thrown in, such as the suede hits on the ankle collar and tongue and reflective threads, made them stand out. The sneakers debuted in two premium colorways: the Air Jordan Future ‘Infrared’ and ‘Glow’ (had a black upper with a glow-in-the-dark sole).
The silhouette proved to be so successful that the Jordan brand had 16 colorways lined up for release that same year for their fall and summer collections. The line-up included mostly solid colors with a few multi-colored prints and a tonal black colorway added in. A low-top version followed in February of 2015. Production of new Future sneakers stopped briefly in 2016 before making a comeback to retailers in December of 2017 in two colors: Pure Platinum and Black.
- NBA star Kevin Martin played on court wearing Air Jordan Futures.
- The Air Jordan Future premium versions retailed at $185.
- Air Jordan Future shoes have different patterns/accents depending on the colorway. Some versions feature weave or camo patterns, others have reflective uppers, others contain a smooth fabric, and yet others come “furred.”
- An Air Jordan Future in a blue colorway is also offered. Official name of the colorway is Hyper Royal/Phantom/Metallic Silver/Hyper Royal.